MPG Academy: Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to purchases of MPG Academy’s Open Courses (“Open Course(s)”) specified on the registration form organised by Marketing Pro Limited, trading as MPG (“MPG”), a company registered in England and Wales under number 06975094 whose registered office is Willow Walk Business Centre, 10 Willow Walk, Orpington, BR6 7AA, England.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information for all individuals registering for Open Courses. By submitting your registration, you agree to be bound by these terms to the exclusion of all other terms. MPG will not be able to accept your registration if you do not agree to these terms and conditions.
- Your registration is an offer to MPG to attend an Open Course which is subject to MPG’s acceptance in writing (which may include (without limitation) email). A binding contract between MPG and you will only be formed when written confirmation of acceptance (“Confirmation” or “Confirmed”) is sent by MPG to you (regardless of whether it is received or not) using the contact details you provided at the time of registration. You should contact MPG if you have not received Confirmation within 24 hours of your registration. MPG reserves the right to refuse or accept your registration and this refusal or acceptance is at the sole discretion of an authorised individual representing MPG.
- Payment for the Open Course must be made via the online credit card payment facilities provided on the MPG Academy website. If the only option you have is to pay by another means, then payment must be received in full and in cleared funds by MPG from you not later than 48 hours before the Open Course. If payment in full is not received before the Open Course, MPG may (at its sole discretion) either require payment as a condition of your entry to the Open Course or refuse you entry to the Open Course. No refunds of any proportion of fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of the fees will remain due and payable where entry to an Open Course is refused under this Condition 2.
- All discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined apart from when this is clearly stated on the website that it is possible to combine discounts. All discounts are subject to MPG’s approval. Discounts for group registrations need to be agreed on an ad hoc basis with an authorised representative of MPG. If the number of delegates that actually attend the Open Course is (for any reason) higher than the number specified at the point of registration (e.g. if it is apparent that a client has included more attendees on an online call than have paid registration fees), then registration fees for those who have not yet paid but have participated in an Open Course will need to be paid within 24 hours of the course ending via credit card using MPG’s online payment portal. MPG’s published prices will be applied. Failure to pay for additional participants will result in MPG not allowing any representatives from the same company to access the digital content package of course materials or participant in MPG Tribe (the online networking facility for paying participants), and MPG may refuse access to any future courses or other services delivered by MPG on the basis of this type of non-payment.
- Prices for each Open Course are correct at the time of publication on MPG’s website and in supplementary, officially produced MPG materials. MPG reserves the right to change the Open Course prices at any time, however changes will not apply to registrations MPG has already confirmed.
- It is the intent of the parties that MPG will receive payment net of all applicable taxes, including without limitation, sales, VAT, service or withholding taxes (“Taxes”), all of which shall be paid solely by the Client. If and to the extent that any Taxes are levied upon, or found to be applicable to, the whole or any portion of the payment, the amount of the payment shall be increased by an amount necessary to compensate for the Taxes (including any amount necessary to “gross up” for Taxes levied on the increase itself).
- If you cancel your registration 21 days or more before the Open Course, MPG shall invoice you, and you shall pay, a sum equivalent to 20% of your registration fee plus VAT. MPG regrets that the full registration fee remains payable in the event that your cancellation is received 20 days or less before the Open Course or if you fail to attend the Open Course. All cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com and received by MPG. In the event that you have paid your registration fee prior to the cancellation, MPG shall (at is sole discretion) deduct the relevant cancellation charge set out in this Condition 6 as well as any fees relating to the MPG Event Marketing Compendium and refund any balance to you. All fees under this Condition 6 shall be payable within 30 days of the date that such invoice was issued. You acknowledge that the refund of registration fees in accordance with Condition 6 is your sole remedy in respect of any cancellation of your registration by you and all other liability is expressly excluded.
- Substitutions with employees from your organisation are welcome but your request should be submitted in writing and received by MPG no later than 10 days before the start of the Open Course. In all other respects delegate registrations are issued for your personal use only and cannot be shared with any person during the Open Course. You may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others, or exploit the registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
- You may transfer your registration for the Open Course to an alternative Open Course run by MPG provided the transfer request is received in writing by MPG no later than 5 days before the originally booked Open Course and provided there are spaces available on the alternative course and booking of the alternative course is confirmed within 24 hours of the registrant requesting a transfer. Transfers will be charged at £100 + VAT per registrant. MPG will a charge of 100% of the original registration fee in the event that your transfer request is received less than 5 days before the Open Course, a suitable alternative course is not available and the registrant has refused any other offer MPG has put forward to deliver an alternative service . All transfer requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by MPG at least 5 days before the originally booked Open Course. Transfers are only possible within 6 months of the original booking. You may only transfer between courses once. MPG regrets that it cannot accept cancellations once you have transferred to an alternative course and any fees will remain payable in full.
- MPG reserves the right to change the format, speakers, participants, content, digital platform and programme or any other aspect of the Open Course at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure, in each case without liability.
- MPG may (at its sole discretion) change the date of or cancel an Open Course at any time for any reason. Where MPG changes the date or cancels the Open Course for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of Condition 11 shall apply) MPG shall offer you the option of attending any re-arranged Open Course that MPG organises. If you choose not to attend the re-arranged Open Course (and notify MPG of such in good time) or if MPG does not organise such an Open Course within 12 months of the original course date, then you will (as your sole remedy) be entitled, at your discretion, to receive either a credit note or a refund in respect of the registration fees received by MPG.
- Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in MPG’s sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of MPG to hold the Open Course on a planned digital platform or on the planned date; or (ii) the Open Course generally, then MPG shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either:
- provide alternative digital platform for the Open Course; and/or
- reschedule the Open Course. Any of your fees received by MPG shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Open Course held pursuant to this Condition 11 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Open Course or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If MPG is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Open Course pursuant to this Condition 11, then you will (as its sole remedy) be entitled, in your sole discretion, to receive either a refund or credit note in respect of your fees received by MPG, in each case less an administration charge equivalent to 20% of the total amount of your fees (which MPG may (in its sole discretion) either deduct from any refund or credit note or invoice the you separately). For the purpose of this Condition 11 “Force Majeure Event” means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of MPG including (without limitation) to speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, industrial dispute, governmental regulations or action, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts of terrorism or war. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of the rearranged or rescheduled Open Course organised by MPG pursuant to this Condition 11.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, MPG shall not be liable to you for any loss, delay, damage or other liability incurred resulting from or arising in connection with the cancellation or the changing of the date of the Open Course howsoever arising or any digital platform change. You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of conditions 9 and 10 set out your sole remedy should the Open Course be cancelled, or the date changed, and all other liability of MPG is expressly excluded.
- MPG may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Open Course, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of MPG represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Open Course. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by MPG or the digital platform providers at the Open Course.
- All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Open Course as a delegate and you consent to the use by MPG of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for marketing and other purposes.
- MPG holds full copyright of all materials shared during the course, including recordings and all documentation shared. These are for the sole use of the registrant and the organisation the registrant represents. If you should, in any form, share MPG’s Open Course materials with one or more third parties (for a fee or for no fee), then the organisation the registrant represents organisation will be liable to pay MPG an equivalent sum based on the revenue derived from using MPG’s materials by third parties who are not entitled to be in possession of these materials.
- The personal information which you provide to us will be held by us on a database in compliance with all relevant data privacy regulations globally. You agree that TMH may share this information with carefully selected third parties in the UK and internationally for direct marketing purposes.
- MPG may require Open Course participants to access training via a third-party website channels such as RingCentral or Zoom. Participants acknowledge and confirm that such access may require participants to be subject to any terms and conditions required by the owner of such third party channel including any registration requirements, and their privacy policies.
- MPG accepts no liability for any error, fault or interruption of service of any third party website channel used to deliver an Open Course
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, MPG excludes:
- all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Open Course;
- all indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and
- any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). If MPG is liable to you for any reason, MPG’s total liability to you in relation to the Open Course (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of the registration fees that you paid to MPG.
- MPG reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration.
- No person other than you and MPG shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the “Act”) or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions between us without the prior written agreement of you and MPG.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of the England and Wales and disputes under or in connection with them shall be subject to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.